Re: Linking in DocBook V5.0

/ Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu> was heard to say:
| HTML? Perhaps users can't add it quite everywhere (I doubt it would
| work in a head or a title) but almost everywhere. The distinction
| between "can" and "may" could be important here. Authors can and do
| use A links in places the DTD doesn't allow it, and it works as
| expected in browsers.

But <A> links are *always* inline. This doesn't provide any practical
experience with making <P> elements or <DIV> elements or <BODY>
elements the starting point of links.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Nothing is more depressing than
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | consolations based on the
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | necessity of evil, the uselessness