Re: info on chunking needed

[Get raw message]
[Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please]

/ Jakob <jakob@free.fr> was heard to say:
| I need to create a similar mechanism for another dtd (which I am not allowed to
| convert to dbk), so I would be grateful for any pointers to urls or
| explications on how this works in general.  I am looking at the source, but it
| is admittedly rather complex.  What is the main entry point for the chunking
| templates?  Is there chunking support on several levels, and how does this work?

Start with chunk.xsl.

<xsl:template name="chunk">

  Determines if an element is a chunk

<xsl:template match="*" mode="chunk-filename">

  Returns a filename for a chunk

<xsl:template name="href.target">

  Figures out what an appropriate HREF is for a target that may be in another chunk.

<xsl:template name="header.navigation">
<xsl:template name="footer.navigation">

  Present some sort of navigation

<xsl:template name="chunk-first-section-with-parent">
<xsl:template name="chunk-all-top-level-sections">
<xsl:template name="chunk-no-sections">
<xsl:template name="chunk-element-content">

  Handle common variations of chunking

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Man's great misfortune is that he
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | has no organ, no kind of eyelid or
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | brake, to mask or block a thought,