RE: Re: Concrete proposal for #480954: Extend textobject toinsert external files

[Get raw message]
[snip]
> > I had imagined that the 'fileref' or 'entityref' attributes would be
> > sufficient. In any context,
> >
> >   <textobject fileref='somefile.txt'/>
> >
> > would insert the contents of somefile.txt as unparsed text (to
> > whatever extent that textobject is used). Likewise, in any context:
> >
> >   <textobject><!-- some content --></textobject>
> >
> > would insert the (styled) contents of the textobject (to whatever
> > extent that textobject is used).
> >
> > Using both:
> >
> >   <textobject fileref='somefile.txt'><!-- some content
> --></textobject>
> >
> > would be an error. The, uh, content would be selected, I think, and
> > the reference ignored.
>
> OK, thanks for the clarification.  I think this
> all makes sense.

Thus;

<para>Einstein's famous equation
<informalequation>
 <mediaobject>
  <imageobject>
   <imagedata format="linespecific" fileref=Einstein.txt/>
  </imageobject>
 </mediaobject>
</informalequation> is
an example of an equation whose content is easily
represented using ordinary symbols.</para>

would become,

<para>Einstein's famous equation
<informalequation>
 <mediaobject>
  <textobject fileref=Einstein.txt/>
 </mediaobject>
</informalequation> is
an example of an equation whose content is easily
represented using ordinary symbols.</para>

where Einstein.txt contained `E=MC**2'

or

<para>Einstein's famous equation
<informalequation>
 <mediaobject>
  <textobject><phrase>E =
MC<superscript>2</superscript></phrase></textobject>
 </mediaobject>
</informalequation> is
an example of an equation whose content is easily
represented using ordinary symbols.</para>

Which is what I was wishing for.

By the way, your Concrete proposal only mentions inlinemediaobject.  Is it
possible to add this to the mediaobject as well?

Phill