Re: Re: DSSSL stylesheets

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 04:54:09PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Julio Merino <juli@merino.net> was heard to say:
> | Oh oh... I'm starting to feel afraid if I want to customize tables, for
> | example...
>
> Depends what you want to customize. DSSSL and XSL can both do almost
> anything, but the learning curves can be a little steep at first.

...and with respect to table processing, although jade itself can help
much, jadetex is limited in many many ways.  For HTML production, the
DSSSL toolchains work fine for me, I had trouble with the XSL
toolchain but did not investigate very deeply.  I don't know much
about the maturity of the FOP->PDF table support (although I gather
that in general XML->FOP->PDF is not as mature as
XML/SGML->jadetex->PDF).

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre