Re: Forcing seperate documents

At 11:20 17/09/2001 +0200, Ken Walton wrote:
>Hi All
>
>I am using ver4.1 of DocBookx.dtd with the xsl stylesheets and Xalan.
>
>In my book I am declaring a number of documents as entities. Can you tell me
>how I can force these into seperate documents rather than have them all
>included in one htm file. Is it also possible to not have a ToC in each
>chapter?

yes, yes.

1. Assuming you want html output rather than fo's.
Call up chunk.xsl rather than docbook.xsl

2. Set the overall toc param (either in param.xsl or in your driver file) to 1
     then set each of the various wrappers to 1 or 0 as needed.

I know since I've just been there.

I'm (almost) totally gobsmacked at the professionalism/flexibility of these
stylesheets. The more I use them the more I'm impressed.
There is even the infinitesimally remote chance I may start to stretch them
in the next decade or so.

I haven't been so pleased with any software since I came across Autocad.
One of those tools that can do it, just that you haven't found out how... yet!

Once more, thanks Norm (and team).

Regards DaveP