Re: Docbook -> Text

Eric,

> There isn't a direct method ?

As David and others have said, there is no direct method. Like Bob
Stayton, I use a text browser (lynx in my case) to get a text version
of the HTML page.  The major issue I have with it is that lynx puts
in references to *internal* links within a page.  So you wind up with
a whole bunch of extra (and useless) info at the bottom of the page.

The next couple of weeks are crazy for me, but after that I am toying
with the idea of creating a "text" series of XSLT stylesheets based
on what Norm did with the HTML stylesheets.... as I, too, need to go
to plain text for some things... so maybe several of us could work
on that.

I will fire a note off to 'docbook-apps' when I have the cycles
to work on it... sometime next month.

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        dyork@e-smith.com
Ph: +1-613-751-4401 Cell: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739