Re: Markup for personal names

On 21 Jun 2001, at 16:47, Norman Walsh wrote:

> | > Rather than reinvent the wheel from scratch, I wonder if there are any
> | > sources we could borrow from. Does anyone know of a good name markup |
> > schema? | | I'll do some looking at other sources and follow up to the
> list with | any examples I can find.

This might be trying to simplify (or complicate) the problem, but
what about the Dublin Core element set? (See
http://www.dublincore.org/documents/dces/ for more information).

This simple schema is quite useful, its "standard", and the
information can be re-used in other types of processing
applications, such as RDF metadata extraction or even Topic
Maps.

Just an idea ...

[:>|

Jeff Iezzi