Re: docbook XML

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 11:15:41AM +0530, Akash Bohra wrote:
> hi,
> we here in Interra have work related to converting well-formed XMLs to
> DOCbook XMLs. For every XML, we write a different set of stylesheets to
> achieve our goal.

Yes, that's generally the way to do it.

> we want to generalize this whole process, so that we dont
> have to write stylesheets for every XML.

Unfortunately, XML is not a format, it's a grammar.  So there's no generic
way to take any random XML format and convert it to DocBook.

Put another way, DocBook stylesheets can create HTML, but there's
no generic, automated process that can take any random HTML file
and create a reasonable DocBook source from it.

Z.