Re: Okay, why?

David Johnson wrote:

> On Friday April 13 2001 09:53 pm, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>
> > Just put this on the top of your catalog:
> >
> > -- public identifiers override system identifiers, if both are supplied
> > -- OVERRIDE YES
>
> That works very well with Jade and all of the SGML tools, but unfortunately,
> the XML tools don't *currently* support the notion of catalogs. I can't wait
> until they do.

They do, but not out of the box. It is possible to extend almost any
existing Java based XSLT processor to cope with catalogs. Example
configuration for Saxon is described at http://www.kosek.cz/xml/saxon/.
In near future, Norm plans to release new Java package with excellent
support for catalog files.