RE Re: RFE: Date Format

> That's why we all are asked to use ISO notation these days; if you
> really think a DATE element is needed give it a PCDATA content and use:
>
>     <date>2001-01-08</date>

If you are working in a multilingual environment, basically you have no other choice. Even if it doesn't seem to be intuitive to anyone.

Please be always aware that many DocBook docs are being translated and have to be maintained in several languages in parallel. Using ISO at least greatly facilitates this job.

Best,
Vladi