Why no MAP/SHORTREFs in DocBook?

In using the DocBook DTD in anger recently I've found it very
inconvenient that there is no use of the MAP feature or at the least
hooks, by which I mean parameter entity declarations, so the user can
define them themselves. The sort of thing I'd expected to be part of
DocBook was for &RS;&RE; sequences to be interpreted as occurences of a
para start tag. Even having those sequences defined as maps belonging to
para, simplepara, or formalpara so that a sequence of theses elements
are be marked-up with little effort on my part would be an advance.

It's the lack of the hooks for such things witin the DTD that I find
annoying.

Ho hum, suppose I'll have to do it myself.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!

--

<>< Re: deemed!