Ordered list items containing notes

I have the following document:

<!DOCTYPE glosslist PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN"[]>
<GLOSSLIST>
<GLOSSENTRY>
<GLOSSTERM>
First Term
</GLOSSTERM>

<GLOSSDEF>
<ORDEREDLIST CONTINUATION="RESTARTS" INHERITNUM="IGNORE">
<LISTITEM>
<PARA>
A new technical word mentioned at the beginning of a subsection.
<NOTE>
<PARA>
The word may also be mentioned in a paragraph.
</PARA>
</NOTE>
</PARA>
</LISTITEM>

<LISTITEM>
<PARA>
The first period of time a person is in office lasting from
inauguration until re-election.
</PARA>
<NOTE>
<PARA>
It may be possible, however, that the person will not be re-elected.
</PARA>
</NOTE>
</LISTITEM>

<LISTITEM>
<PARA>
The topmost statement describing contractual constraints in an endorsement.
</PARA>
</LISTITEM>
<LISTITEM>
<PARA>
Whatever else may be termed <emphasis>term</emphasis>.
</PARA>
</LISTITEM>
</ORDEREDLIST>
</GLOSSDEF>
</GLOSSENTRY>
</GLOSSLIST>

When rendered using the TeX backend of (Open)Jade, I get this result:

First Term

         1. A new technical ...

       Note: The word may also be mentioned in a paragraph.

    2. The first period of time ...

           Note: It may be possible ...

    3. The topmost sytatement ...

    4. Whatever ...

The thing that strikes me is the strange indentation of the first list item.
I expected something like:

	1. A new technical...

         Note: The word...

Cheers