indexterms

I'm just toying around with some ideas about indexing as I create a template
for our authors.  Since many of these documents will get translated, I've
got a translations section.  What I was thinking about was putting some
indexterms in the header of this section, where authors could put all of the
translated languages of their document.  Assuming that I understand how
indexes work, what I think I'd like to do would be something like:
<indexterm>
 <primary>Language</primary>
  <secondary>French</secondary>
  <secondary>German</secondary>
  <secondary>Brazilian</secondary>
  <secondary>Swahili</secondary>
</indexterm>

The listing in the index would ideally be something like:

 Language
  French
  German
  Brazilian
  Swahili

I obviously can't do it this way, but is there some provision for creating
indexterms with multiple children?  Or maybe I'm just looking at this the
wrong way.  Thanks for any pointers,
	Greg