Re: Element "LEGEND" used in DTD but not defined

/ John Dirdal <jdi@corena.no> was heard to say:
| I get this error message
| "Element "LEGEND" used in DTD but not defined"
| when I validate the docbook dtd.  It is used in the cals dtd.
|
| It is obviously correct since it is included in the tbl.entry.mdl entity
| declaration.
| <!ENTITY % tbl.entry.mdl
| "(para|warning|caution|note|legend|%paracon;)*">
| The declaration is used here:
| <!ELEMENT entry - O (%tbl.entry.mdl;) %tbl.entry.excep; >
|
| Anyone have a comment on this?

Yeah. My comment is that it ain't obvious *at all* :-)

The dbpool module redefines all of the CALS table model entities
before including the table model. This is expected behavior, the
CALS table entities are usually redefined before including the
model. But it makes figuring out the elements and attributes a bit
harder. See http://docbook.org/tdg/html/table.html.

Legend is not a valid element in DocBook. What are you trying to
do, perhaps we can suggest an alternative?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Look for the ridiculous in
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | everything and you will find
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | it.--Jules Renard