Re: A picture with an additional ">" character

[ Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please ]

/ Christoph Steinbeck <steinbeck@ice.mpg.de> was heard to say:
| When making a webpage from a docbook xml document containing the
| following text, using Jade and Norm's DSSSL stylesheets, I get the
| correct picture of the graphical object below, followed by a ">".
|
| 		<example>
| 		  <title>2D structure diagram of Isopentenylalcohol
| 			 <footnote>
| 				<para>
| 				  The diphosphate of this molecule is an important intermediate in
| 				  the biosynthesis of terpenes starting from Acetyl-CoA
| 				</para>
| 			 </footnote></title>
| 		  <mediaobject>
| 			 <imageobject><imagedata format="GIF" fileref="ch2s1f1.gif"/>
| 			 </imageobject>
| 		  </mediaobject>
| 		</example>
|
| Has anyone seen this before?

Is this document supposed to be XML or SGML? If XML, are you using
xml.dcl? If SGML, why have you got "/>" on the imagedata :-)

| This looks like one of the famous "one too many" parsing errors.
| I've encountered a similar behaviour when trying to use crossreferences
| to an endterm. Then I get just the ">" and not the endterm.

Have you reported that error? Send a small sample, please.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Whatever else we are intended to
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | do, we are not intended to
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | succeed: failure is the fate