Re: DocBook: lists within lists

/ Brendan J Simon <Brendan.Simon@ctam.com.au> was heard to say:
| > No one has ever asked for nested segmented lists, or lists
| > within segmented lists. I don't recall if they are absent by
| > design or oversight. Can you explain why you want to do this?
|
| What's so unusual about having a list within a list ?
| A segmentedlist is no different to any other type of list, as far as I'm
| concerned.

Segmented lists are a bit odd, they're very nearly an alternate
representation for tabular material.

Does http://docbook.org/tdg/html/segmentedlist.html help?

| To me, all the different list types perform the same role, with a different
| output style.

Itemized and ordered lists have some of that flavor, but variable lists
(definition lists), segmented lists, and simple lists are different.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | All the labors of the ages, all
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the devotion, all the inspiration,
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | all the noonday brightness of