Re: Creating a transformation into an <a href>

[Please don't crosspost articles over multiple mailing lists.]

/ David Parker <dlparker@facstaff.wisc.edu> was heard to say:
| Attempting to grab the url attribute from a <ulink> node (DocBook XML file).
| The click able text is added on at the end of the parent node <para>.
[...]
|    <!--================================================================-->
|    <!-- Template for the <ulink> tag                                   -->
|    <!--================================================================-->
|    <xsl:template match="ulink">
|      <xsl:param name="link"><xsl:value-of select="."/></xsl:param>
|          <xsl:apply-templates select="citetitle"/>
|      </a>
|    </xsl:template>

Without seeing more of your templates (particularly para), I can't quite
see why it's doing what it's doing, but the tempate for ulink is almost
certainly wrong. (Have you tried running your document through my XSL
stylesheets for DocBook: http://nwalsh.com/docbook/xsl/).

Try:

<!--================================================================-->
<!-- Template for the <ulink> tag                                   -->
<!--================================================================-->
<xsl:template match="ulink">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </a>
</xsl:template>

And this looks like a better answer, too:

<!-- Template for the <citetitle> tag                               -->
<xsl:template match="citetitle">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Optimistic, even in the face of