This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: external entities cannot be valid?
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: external entities cannot be valid?
- From: Terry Allen <tallen at sonic dot net>
- Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 11:32:22 -0800
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
Norm is right; this was the case with SGML. You're just
encountering it for the first time, Bob.
What I do is essentially your choice C, so I wind up with
<!DOCTYPE chapter SYSTEM "db3xml10.dtd" [
<!ENTITY ch9tfarn SYSTEM "ch9tfarn.xml">
<title role="Chapter Nine">The Atabakīyah Architect</title>
and a similar wrapper file for the whole book. In this case
the entities are sections.
As I don't use structured editing tools I've never encountered
the problems you're finding with them, though.