This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Answer: How to add manually DocBook v4.0beta2 over v3.1
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: DOCBOOK: Answer: How to add manually DocBook v4.0beta2 over v3.1
- From: Simos Xenitellis <S dot Xenitellis at rhbnc dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 03:08:27 +0000 (GMT)
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
I am using v3.1 (cygnus RPMs) and just installed v4.0beta2.
1. Go to /usr/lib/sgml/
2. Create a directory /usr/lib/sgml/docbook-4.0beta2
3. Unzip in directory of step-2 the contents of the zip file
4. Copy the resulted files also in /usr/lib/sgml/
You will be overwritting the old files.
Don't worry about backups, there is already
a copy in /usr/lib/sgml/docbook-3.1, in case you screw up.
5. Now you need to glue 4.0beta2 with the rest of the files.
Make a backup copy of /usr/lib/sgml/CATALOG,
then edit it and change all occurences of "3.1" to "4.0beta2".
Just be carefull on this step.
6. In your .sgml files, fix the first line to represent that you
use "4.0beta2" instead of "3.1".
7. Compile your programs and fix any errors resulted from the
change of versions. For example, I got (@#$@#$):
jade:katsarida.sgml:806:13:E: end tag for element "GRAPHIC" which is not
jade:katsarida.sgml:3380:13:E: element "SERIESINFO" undefined
jade:katsarida.sgml:3402:13:E: element "SERIESINFO" undefined
In the book it explains what and why.
E-mails: S.Xenitellis@rhbnc.ac.uk email@example.com