This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: Pattern element for Docbook/Pattern DTD
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Pattern element for Docbook/Pattern DTD
- From: Terry Allen <tallen at sonic dot net>
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:27:43 -0800
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
>I was wondering whether there are DTD's that include
a canonical pattern element, and whether DocBook could
There may be such DTDs, but the patterns described in the
are not concrete, and the "elements" described are not
mappable directly to document markup.
Given a specific use of such patterns, one might construct
a resuable transform to Docbook. But Docbook itself does not
employ abstractions of this nature.