This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
sect1 in preface
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: DOCBOOK: sect1 in preface
- From: Camille Begnis <camille at mandrakesoft dot com>
- Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 18:18:56 -0400
- Organization: MandrakeSoft
- References: <388DDD96.E1F800EC@xmission.com>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
Various probs indeed:
1) xref does not seem to recognize referencies to mediaobject, nor
imageobject, nor imagedata. nsgmls is OK, but jade complains that the
system does not recognize this.
- How can I achieve that?
- If so, are figures automatically assigned a number?
2) though sect1 is told to be accepted as a children of preface, nsgmls
tells me the following:
nsgmls:/usr/lib/sgml/CATALOG:49:0:W: DTDDECL catalog entries are not
nsgmls:ess.sgml:4:14:E: document type does not allow element "SECT1"
nsgmls:ess.sgml:5:6:E: document type does not allow element "PARA" here
nsgmls:ess.sgml:8:8:E: end tag for "SECT1" which is not finished
nsgmls:ess.sgml:9:13:E: end tag for "PREFACE" which is not finished
for this sample code:
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN" >
Some content is always required.