Re: DocBook-XML and conditional sections

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." wrote:

> Adam Turoff writes:
>  > That's a valid point, but I believe this is a different problem.
>  > What I think Stephane is trying to do is have one document that
>  > describes two versions of the same product.  Much of the text is
>  > shared between the two versions in use.
>
>   I understand the difference, actually; I have a similar issue with
> the Python documentation.  I am using a separate CVS branch to
> maintain the documentation for the last released version of Python,
> and another that documents the bleeding edge of development.  The
> bleeding edge version will go without the fixes on the other branch
> until a new release of Python is close, at which point I'll merge the
> branch changes back in.

I think we all have an understanding of the issues here.  Let's just
chalk up the difference between CVS branching and content tagging
as "author preference".

The problem that Stephane described to seem to work more naturally
with os="" and revision="" instead of CVS branching.

-- Adam