Re: DAVENPORT: language support

> Could you send along some examples of Python classes and the
> corresponding extended DocBook markup that you used to document
> them? Just a few of the more complex classes would be very handy.

Sure! Here's an example from the ScientificPython manual, which uses
all the additional markup I have defined:

<classdescription role="Python">
          <classinfo>Function defined by values on a grid using interpolation
          </classinfo>
</classdef>
<para>An interpolating function of n variables with m-dimensional values
is defined by an (n+m)-dimensional array of values and n
one-dimensional arrays that define the variables values
corresponding to the grid points. The grid does not have to be
equidistant.
</para>
</para>
<para>
<variablelist>
              <listitem>
              <para>a sequence of one-dimensional arrays, one for each
              variable, specifying the values of the variables at
              the grid points</para>
              </listitem>
</varlistentry>
              <listitem>
              <para>an array containing the function values on the grid
              </para></listitem></varlistentry>
              <listitem>
              <para>the value of the function outside the grid. A value
              of <literal role="Python">None</literal> means that the
              function is undefined outside the grid and that any attempt
              to evaluate it there yields an exception.
              </para>
              </listitem>
</varlistentry>
</variablelist>
</para>
yields the function value obtained by linear interpolation.
</para>

                             <defaultvalue>0</defaultvalue>
                   </paramdef>
<para>Returns a new InterpolatingFunction whose grid is restricted
to the interval from <parameter>first</parameter> to
<parameter>last</parameter> along the variable
whose number is <parameter>variable</parameter>.
</para>
</methoddescription>

                             <defaultvalue>0</defaultvalue>
                   </paramdef>
<para>Returns a new InterpolatingFunction describing the derivative
with respect to <parameter>variable</parameter> (an integer).
</para>
</methoddescription>

                             <defaultvalue>0</defaultvalue>
                   </paramdef>
<para>Returns a new InterpolatingFunction describing the integral
with respect to <parameter>variable</parameter> (an integer). The integration
constant is defined in such a way that the value of the integral at the
first grid point along <parameter>variable</parameter> is zero.
</para>
</methoddescription>

                             <defaultvalue>0</defaultvalue>
                   </paramdef>
<para>Returns a new InterpolatingFunction describing the definite integral
with respect to <parameter>variable</parameter> (an integer). The integration
constant is defined in such a way that the value of the integral at the
first grid point along <parameter>variable</parameter> is zero. In the case
of a function of one variable, the definite integral is a number.
</para>
</methoddescription>

obtained from a least-squares fit to the grid values.
</para>
</methoddescription>

</classdescription>