Re: DAVENPORT: SGML GIF EPS

>Is it possible that the sgml file can diciede if it takes the gif format
>or the eps format?

It's not up to the SGML file. Normally, you leave out the extension in
the SGML file (... file="mygraph" ...), and the rest is up to the
processing system. I like to do my figures in Xfig, and there are
command line utilities available to generate EPS and GIF from there. If
you have EPS figures, it's easy to generate GIF from them with GhostScript
(and getting PS is always possible by printing to file). My default
setup uses Makefiles that have rules .fig->.eps and .eps->.gif, so
the conversion happens automagically.

(of course, this assumes that you work under a platform that comes loaded
with a decent amount of utilities. For windows, you probably need to
hunt down and install all these).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>