DAVENPORT: DocBook Help --- Tools for Windows ?

Hello Everyone:

Please forgive me for intruding, but I must say DocBook has me quite
confused.  I am working on FreeBuilder an Open Source IDE for Java. I am
creating documentation, but I trying to learn how to take the documents that
I am creating User Manual, Hacker's Guide etc  into a professional looking
document. It was suggested that I look at the LDP and I see that they are
using that has led me here.

I can find the SGML stuff for Linux, but I haven't found anything for
Windows. I was planning on using Corel's Ventura 8 that I own. It can
support importing SGML, but doesn't mention how to work with DTD and etc.

Is there somewhere that a newbie like myself can go to learn DocBook?  I
have found SDF, which seems like a very nice tool. You go to it via
http://www.mincom.com/mtr/sdf/index.html, but I feel that I should stick
with a known standard. I'd really like to provide the source in XML. This
would allow others to translate the document to other languages, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff Duska