Re: DAVENPORT: collateindex.pl and the print TeX backend

Glad the patch worked for you.

My use of indexterms has been fairly limited, so I haven't seen
what you have described below. It doesn't really surprise me,
if you use collateindex.pl without the -p option the default
is to attempt to link to the closest containing section. This is
determined by a fairly straight-forward algorithm, if I recall
the perl code correctly, it just chops off part of the text string,
assuming that the remainder will point to the section. Try
using the "-p" option, and also its worth reading the file that
the perl script generates. You can  probably see what its doing
if you compare  the tags that show up there with the sgml file
holding the indexterm to be referenced.

Sam