Re: Re: Change Bars

On Wednesday 6 October 1999, at 17 h 26, the keyboard of Adam Di Carlo
<adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> > > be <revhistory> but, with the revision control tool I use, CVS, there is
> > > apparently no simple way to put automatically the CVS log in
> > > <revhistory>.
>
> Why not use $Log: $ ?  Too ugly?

<revhistory> is SGML-structured. $Log$ isn't.

> What would be really cute would be to hook into CVS, compare two
> versions, and take that 'cvs diff' output, and attach automatic
> 'revision=new' attributes

Not easy since CVS doesn't know SGML, just ASCII. You'll have to find the
smallest SGML element which includes the change automatically. Or to rely on
<phrase>?

> into an autogenerated modification of the up-to-date source, and then
> format that with change bars.

I let this for DSSSL gurus.