Re: paper type

Le Mardi 26 Avril 2005 13:09, Hubert Sokolowski a écrit?:
> thanks for you reply. I have managed to solve this problem by editing
> docbook-utils.dsl and saving it to another dsl file, so I can pass this
> file on a command line for db2pdf.

Ah yes, that works too. I was considering a solution based on one single
generic style sheet. But it's of course simpler to use one style sheet per
paper format.

> I can distribute this dsl file with my
> application to other systems without the need to edit docbook-utils.dsl.
> But I stopped using DocBook for my application for now, because I could
> not solve problems with tables, column widths and preformatted text in
> entries. Now I create PDFs from HTML using htmldoc and I have beautifull
> tables :). I could switch back if there was a way to have column width in
> a table set automatically.

Have you tried more recent styles sheets ? The fo ones, using fop. Perharps it
would solve your problems with tables. And it would be much a cleaner
solution than one based on HTML...

--
Never try and teach a pig to sing,
you waste your time and annoy the pig