Re: add w3m to txt script please?

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Tim Waugh wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 06:27:36PM -0500, lists@m8y.org wrote:
>
> > /usr/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.12/backends/txt
> > On my system I've added:
> > elif [ -x /usr/bin/w3m ]
> > then
> >   CONVERT=/usr/bin/w3m
> >   ARGS="-dump"
>
> What specifically does w3m do better than links or lynx?

Well, first and foremost it is the browser I have on my system.
Features I like?
Well, I'm used to it.  How hard can it be for you to add those 4 lines to the test?
It does tabbed browsing beautifully.  I usually have 6 tabs open.
It does frames artfully.
It draws page elements superior to lynx.  But not links.
It also, being written by a japanese dude, does cjk quite well.
When I have a DISPLAY set it will interact with the mouse and draw images on the page.  Handy when I switch screen to my home computer again.
I love the prefs page...
Hey, why don't you look it over?
http://w3m.sourceforge.net/
http://pub.ks-and-ks.ne.jp/prog/w3mmee/