Re: Wishlist: docbook2man and translated manpages

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 06:07:51PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/153091
>
> With translated manpages it is not uncommon to have
>   foo.sgml foo.es.sgml foo.fr.sgml foo.it.sgml ...
> in the same directory.  As docbook2man generates foo.1 for all these
> files, it is not very convenient.  Moreover dh_installman is able to
> handle translated manpages whose name looks like foo.<xx>.1
> So it would be nice if docbook2man did generate foo.<xx>.1 instead
> of foo.1.

Yes, that would be useful.

> A partial patch is attached to the bug report (not tested)

The problem with the patch is that it uses $LANG to determine the
language that the document is written in---unfortunately, it just
tells us the language that the current user is using, not the
languange used by the document author.  For that, we must use the
current value of the 'lang' attribute. (That way a single document
could contain all of the translations.)

Tim.
*/