Docbook in Red Hat 7.1

Peter Toft pto@sslug.dk
Thu Apr 26 11:47:00 GMT 2001

On 24 Apr 2001, Edward C. Bailey wrote:

> Peter> On 21 Apr 2001, Edward C. Bailey wrote:
> >>  I've done a bit with it (I hacked up a new frontend and backend for jw
> >> that uses collateindex.pl and did some cursory testing under the 7.1
> >> beta).  I've done tried it on the gold bits yet; after I give it a try,
> >> I'll post it here if you like...
>
> Peter> It sure would be nice to know how to get RH 7.1 docbook tools to
> Peter> work - so please do :) Using collateindex.pl seems to be
> Peter> non-trivial.
>
> It's not that bad, really.  Basically you run your SGML through jade once
> to get an HTML index file; then you run collateindex.pl against this,
> creating a DocBook index.  Finally, you run your SGML (including the
> newly-generated index) through jade one last time.

For the stuff Ed posted two days ago I found that
(Red Hat Linux 7.1) I have to run the scripts
through dos2unix and (Ed has been very helpful
off-list)

you have to delete the line 49
    -d $STUFFPATH/stylesheets/flo-redhat-html.dsl \

and if you want to do an index for other languages -
for Danish I want to run collateindex.pl with options
-s Symboler  -t Stikordsregister -g -i stikord -N
then I have to hack directly into
flo-indexed-html since I cannot parse those as
arguments

I am no there 100% yet - but it (I hope) seems close
now...

--
Peter Toft, Ph.D. [pto@sslug.dk] http://www.sslug.dk/~pto

                         (o_
(o_  (o_  (o_  (o_  (o_  //\  Penguins on the move !