Re: DocBook XML tools

Hi everybody,

Because some people seem to be interested in XML/DocBook RPMs, I
uploaded
them to

  http://glade.nmd.msu.ru/~pooh/xml-tools

Please note that these packages are not tested well, so use them at your
own risk
(but at least they work for me). I'll be glad to do any improvements/bug
fixes in scripts
and packages structure please send your suggestions. I'm not responsible
for any bugs
in stylesheets (though I saw some).

Due to limited number of supported document charsets in XT, reencoding
on script level
is supported, but it works only for main document and I'm still
searching for a
better solution (no, I don't want to edit files in UTF-8).

Best regards,
Andrey.

P.S. As a test, I converted TDG (first transformed to XML) to HTML. It
took
about 8 minutes on my Linux box (dual PIII-450, 512Mb RAM). XT is slow
but correct.
I know people that tried to do the same thing with some other free XSLT
engines,
but unsuccessfully.