Re: Request for Redhat-Centric info (For Ed Bailey)

Ismael Olea <olea@hispalinux.es> writes:

> 	At HispaFuentes we use too. But jadetex limitations avoid us to print
> using it.
>
> > But we are using free tools to generate printed books and guides.
>
> 	Other than jadetex?

Nope. We're using Jadetex.
I've been annoying Sebastian* a lot with that :-))

I've found few undesirable behaviours of it and these were the ones
that I was talking to Camille. I can remember of:

- Titles being orphans at the end of page
- Some problems with figure numbering at the LoF (List of Figures)
- Some problems with hyphenization (although we defined them correctly
  at the Jadetex's config file, some words aren't hyphenated correctly
  even thought they work in LaTeX...)
- Keeping the figure title with the image (we managed that by placing
  the title below the image. Statistically I've found that our
  problems occurred when the title was above the image. This solved the
  problem, since if a wrap occurs, both -- image and title -- go to

There are a few minor problems, but I can't remember of them now... I
must look at my checklist. :-)

What limitations did you find that forbid you from using Jadetex to
print?

* Sebastian Rahtz, the Jadetex maintainer.

Regards,
--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.