RE: Getting indexes?

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> [...]

Thanks. I looked in the doc directory under the nwalsh-modular tree, and found
a sort of "mini-howto" on how to do it. I ended up having to write a script to
handle it, though. Also had to change the db2dvi script that came with Red Hat
6.2 to run jadetex as many times as necessary to resolve the index, otherwise I
got "??" page numbers on the dvi/postscript version.

The HTML output works great. Having a tad of a problem with the DVI/Postscript
output still, though. Bunch of page numbers in the index have come out as
"-999". Don't think so, dude :-). Anybody have any suggestions there?

I'm still ambivalent about the whole Docbook thing. It seems powerful enough,
but nobody seems to have really put together things so that they're easy to use
for mere mortals (I can write scripts in my sleep, but that ain't gonna work
for our technical documentation team!).  On the other hand, the HTML output
looks pretty decent compared to the output of LaTeX2HTML, which is my current
method of getting HTML out of structured markup...  On the other hand, I can
use LyX for writing LaTeX code... hmm... do any of the XML editors work similar
to LyX? How do Docbook and XML get along?

--
Eric Lee Green      There is No Conspiracy
eric@badtux.org     http://www.badtux.org