Re: (docbook-tools) Re: db* does it serve the purpose

hi

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> Jorge Godoy wrote:
> > But it asks too many questions. We'd also to have GNU syntax:
> >
> > $ DB --format=html --converter=openjade --nochunk everybody.sgml
>
> This is the philosophy I'm trying to implement. db2html
> already has 5 different conversion flags. Most of them use
> defaults that you don't need to redefine for a normal basic
> use, so usually "db2html mydoc.sgml" is enough.
so far Db2html2 as i call them looks fine see my report for additional
information

> Having "db --format=html" or "db2html" is almost the same
> (less letters in the second one). If there is a big
> pressure, I will merge db2html, db2pdf, db2rtf and db2ps
> together, but this will result in an incompatibility with
> previous docbook-tools :-(.

aw god no that is ten dogs in a circle ,one moves all of them move
i atleast think it is not a good idea .harder to debug and you will agian have
atleast two more commands extra

> "--converter" flag seems more interesting to implement. I
> must admit that I don't know openjade. It's a kind of
> rewriting of Jade, no ? Can someone explain me in private
> how you call it usually ? (executable name, are options
> names and semantics identical to jade ?) Users normally only
> use only one out of them, no ?
as a choice it ls nice to have it though i personally have'nt used it  much

> "--nochunk" looks suspicious to me. Isn't it something you
> are supposed to cusstomize through an alternate stylesheet ?
> Then you would better use "db2html --dsl nochunk.dsl", no ?
it is worth having a look at Davids script which used to do a good job ,i think
i have it somewhere but i am not sure .david should be able to help i think it
is called "dbnochunks" or something

> I have been sending the new db2* scripts to the connectiva
> list. If people feel like hacking them, why not ? Or they
> can give suggestions that I will implement.
done
but why nothing for XML sgml2xml is there but then it writes to stdout but no
output file as far as i know or maybe i dont know how to do it
can somebody educate me on this
 > --
>  Éric Bischoff   -   mailto:ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr
thank you
regards
--
maddy

           "There the eye goes not;Speech goes not,nor the mind.
            We know not,we understand not;How one would teach it"