Re: (docbook-tools) Re: db* does it serve the purpose

Jorge Godoy wrote:
> But it asks too many questions. We'd also to have GNU syntax:
>
> $ DB --format=html --converter=openjade --nochunk everybody.sgml

This is the philosophy I'm trying to implement. db2html
already has 5 different conversion flags. Most of them use
defaults that you don't need to redefine for a normal basic
use, so usually "db2html mydoc.sgml" is enough.

Having "db --format=html" or "db2html" is almost the same
(less letters in the second one). If there is a big
pressure, I will merge db2html, db2pdf, db2rtf and db2ps
together, but this will result in an incompatibility with
previous docbook-tools :-(.

"--converter" flag seems more interesting to implement. I
must admit that I don't know openjade. It's a kind of
rewriting of Jade, no ? Can someone explain me in private
how you call it usually ? (executable name, are options
names and semantics identical to jade ?) Users normally only
use only one out of them, no ?

"--nochunk" looks suspicious to me. Isn't it something you
are supposed to cusstomize through an alternate stylesheet ?
Then you would better use "db2html --dsl nochunk.dsl", no ?

I have been sending the new db2* scripts to the connectiva
list. If people feel like hacking them, why not ? Or they
can give suggestions that I will implement.
--
 Éric Bischoff   -   mailto:ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr
                                           \^o~_.