Re: Re : db2??????? vs. SGMLTools2 vs. what else?

<20000223085415.B611@ciberia.es> <38B3ABD6.71623993@cybercable.tm.fr>
From: "David C. Mason" <dcm@redhat.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2000 10:10:57 -0500

Eric Bischoff <ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr> writes:

> Announcement :
>
> I have been repackaging completly the DocBook tools and
> rewritten all db* utilities.

If you name this one "DocBook Tools it will be the third maintained
DocBook Tools. Whatever you might think, Mark is still maintaining
DBTools unless he states otherwise. Another fellow has written a
version for Suse and is using the name, and now you are planning to
make changes and use the name.

This is just going to cause *great* confusion for the *nix users who
want good tools. 'Just grab DocBook Tools' "WHICH ONE!!!"

Please consider renaming it unless Mark gives you maintainer or
contributor status!

Don't misunderstand me either - I say the more tools we have *the
better*! In fact, I'd like to see more tools for XML (that aren't
java) for the simple reason that once DocBook hits 5.0 it will only be
XML.