Re: DocBookTools stop-gap ?

    >> Unfortunately the DocBook tools packages are limited, in that
    >> they are meant as a stop-gap solution (which has lasted two and
    >> a half years) for people who have RPM and want to get going
    >> with DocBook.

    Brendan> What do you mean a stop-gap ?  Is there a better way ?
    Brendan> Are the cygnus people still using DocBookTools as there
    Brendan> primary documentation method ?

No: there is no better way to quickly install things yet, at least for
RPM systems.

Lots of free software people (GNOME, some Cygnus projects, ...) are
using the DocBook tools.  Some are getting the same results with other
distributions.

The stop-gap is until the various DocBook packaging efforts converge.
We are moving very slowly in that direction.