["David C. Mason" <dcm@redhat.com>] jadetex

To: Mark Galassi <rosalia@nis.lanl.gov>
Subject: jadetex
From: "David C. Mason" <dcm@redhat.com>
Date: 05 Aug 1999 18:46:49 -0400

Mark,

OK I might have the problem fixed in jadetex. This is stupidly
simple. If you go to the jadetex.dtx file and remove 'french' from
line 117 you will probably see success. The reason for this is because
the french.sty was removed from tex because of some license issue or
something.

Give this a try and it should build a working jadetex with babel - of
course there needs to be a README that explains that people can go get
the french.sty from whoever it was that made the thing.

On another note. We have found the problem with the tetex we shipped
on RH 6.0. It was actually an rpm problem and not tetex. Users should
go to the RH errata page and get the new rpm rpm. They then need to
reinstall their tetex packages from their RH disk. All works well
after such a move.

Cheers,

Dave
--