From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:51 AM
To: Webmaster; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] changed my jre and everything broke - more
information

That error typically happens when the catalog resolver finishes its job and
hands a URI to the XSLT processor, but the URI is not valid.  Since it is
not being treated as a local filename, the processor doesn't report that it
can't open the file, it reports  that it cannot read input from the URI
(which could be any number of protocols).

Are you using Saxon?  If so, are you using its -u command line option?  You
may need to remove the -u if your command line arguments are not URIs.  Or
perhaps the opposite.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting