[docbook-apps] Header and Footer rules indented

I’m using the Docbook stylesheets to produce PDF (and Eclipse HTML) and have customized a number of things, such as the title page layout, the position of page numbers, the position and content of headers and footers etc.

In the formatted output the text is always indented from the headings by about a half inch.

The problem is that I’ve got header and footer rules turned on but they don’t go the full width of the page.  At the left margin the rule is always indented to the start of the text rather than starting at the same place as the headings, if you see what I mean.

I looked at this a couple of months ago and couldn’t fix it, but I seem to recall that the header and footer are done as tables so I assumed that it was just the left cell of the table that was missing a rowsep=1.

Before I supply details of my page margins, title margins etc, I thought I’d just see if this rings a bell with anybody.

Tim