Re: [docbook-apps] Bug(?) in VERSION XSL file or in resolver?

For those watching at home, I finally figured out the problem with Bob's help. Short version: I'd taken out the -x and -y parameters from the Saxon command in my ant target earlier for testing and forgot to put them back in. :-) Once I added those back in, the extraneous network lookups went away. One more PEBCAK bug down, on to sort out the others!

Thanks again, Bob!

Larry Garfield wrote:
I simplified the problem a bit by switching to a simple test document. The problem still appears, however. Using the same catalog file before, and the following input file, it still hits the Oasis server but doesn't download as many files:

testbook.xml

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
    "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd";>
<book>
    <bookinfo>
        <title>Test book</title>
        <author>
            <firstname>Some</firstname>
            <surname>Person</surname>
        </author>
    </bookinfo>
    <chapter>
        <title>Chain of command</title>
        <para>Moo.</para>
        <para>Meep.</para>
    </chapter>
</book>

If, however, I change the Doctype declaration to read:

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
    "file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/schema/dtd/4.3/docbookx.dtd">

then there is no network traffic. The verbose log file, however, is identical in both cases (level 4, excerpt but still long):

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

"If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it." -- Thomas Jefferson