Re: [docbook-apps] Missing chapter.titlepage.verso

Bob,

Thank you! I did end up modifying the spec file--as it turns out, I had modified it incorrectly, so it wasn't generating the verso page like I had thought.

Often, when I work with these stylesheets, there are so many things going on that one error can take a lot of time for me resolve. Thanks so much for reminding me about the spec file--who knows when I would have thought to look there!

And I do apologize for not providing more details in my last post. I simply was unsure of how to fully explain the issue.

Might I also take the opportunity to thank you for your DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide? I cannot even begin to tell you how useful it has been as a resource!

Dave

Bob Stayton wrote:

Did you set this up by modifying the titlepage spec file and generating a
new titlepage.templates.xsl module, or did you create customized versions of
the titlepage templates directly?

You'll need to go the spec file route to turn on the verso chapter
titlepage.  The titlepage templates are a hierarchy, and the default top
level template for chapter verso pages is:

<xsl:template name="chapter.titlepage.verso">
</xsl:template>

The empty template means none of your customizations would be called.  See
this reference for using the titlepage spec file:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLTitlePage.html

Of course, if you did use the spec file process, then something else is
going on.  More details would help.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting