Re: AW: [docbook-apps] Exclude elements witout condition-attributewhen profiling

Daniela Dänzer wrote:

Perhaps I did not make myself very clear.

I have the following:

<chapter>
<title condition="map_dok">xxx</title>
<para condition="map_dok">xxx</para>
<para>x</para>
<sect1>y</sect1>
</chapter>

But what you will do with title and para without surrounding chapter (it has not condition, so it should be stripped out according to your request)? Or should the whole chapter be supressed because it has not condition set?

You must keep in mind that after profiling you should get subset of original document that is still valid according DocBook DTD. If this validity is not maintained it is very probably that you will get corrupted output from stylesheet.

Your requirements can very easily let to non-valid profiled document. I think that you can still solve your requrements but you will have to write custom XSLT transformation that will do some sort of more intelligent profiling based on additional knowledge in stylesheets. For example your modified profiling code can left unlabeled chapter element in documet if it contains some labeled subelements. But something like this can't be part of standard profiling because it depends on your very special needs.