From: "Pierre Attar" <pat@tireme.fr>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:01 PM
Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] jdk 1.5 and docbook xsl

Hi all,

I just repost my answer because I really do not understand what's happening.

Before, I was using saxon plus xerces but in my idea, JDK 1.5 should enable
me not to deal with two product lines (saxon and xerces) wich is quite
usefull for  me.

That's the reason why I would really be pleased to find a solution to this
import problem.

Regards, ierre

At 09:49 24/01/2005, you wrote:

>Here are the answers to environment questions.
>
>Pierre
>
>>Sorry, but it is very difficult to help without more information. In your
>>original post, you refer to problems with a translet called "db2html", but
>>you need to provide more details about that.
>>
>>Exactly how you start the transformation (command line, your own Java
class,
>>...)?
>

>I start from My own class and I'me now able to have a best message error :
>
>javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Chargement
>impossible de la classe translet 'db2html'.
>at
>com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TemplatesImpl.defineTransletCl
asses(TemplatesImpl.java:315)
>at
>com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TemplatesImpl.getTransletInsta
nce(TemplatesImpl.java:333)
>at
>com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TemplatesImpl.newTransformer(T
emplatesImpl.java:366)
>at
>com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTran
sformer(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:620)
>at
>fr.tireme.utilities.xml.xslt.ProcessFromCommandLine.main(ProcessFromCommand
Line.java:111)

>Line 111 corresponds to the following code line :
>Transformer transformer = tfactory.newTransformer(new
>StreamSource(xslFileName));
>
>The stylesheet I use is the folowing one where, for test purpose, I've
>simplfied up to the simplest import.
>NOTE that if I use the docbook.xsl it works, it is only while importing
>that it does not works !
>

><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
><xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; version="1.0"
>xmlns:doc="http://nwalsh.com/xsl/documentation/1.0";
>exclude-result-prefixes="doc">
>                 <xsl:import href="../docbook-xsl/xhtml/docbook.xsl"/>
></xsl:stylesheet>
>

>>What is on your classpath? What does your source XML look like? Did
>>you try a different (perhaps non-Java) processor to see if the stylesheets
>>work with it?
>
>Standard within an eclipse environment : only the JDK which meands rt.jar,
>etc.
>

>Note, the Java class looks like  :
>
>         try {
>             PrintWriter resultWriter;
>             StreamResult strResult;
>
>             if (null != outFileName) {
>                 strResult = new StreamResult(new
> FileOutputStream(outFileName));
>                 strResult.setSystemId(outFileName);
>             } else {
>                 strResult = new StreamResult(System.out);
>             }
>
>             TransformerFactory tfactory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();