RE: [docbook-apps] DocBook XML example projects posted. One formatted with FrameMaker 7.0. One formatted with DocBook XSL.

Hi Steve,

>From the "Indexterms" section of your FrameMaker project readme file:

"to solve this problem [where the opening <indexterm> tag is being
written as <indexterm/>], you must write code in a custom client to
override FrameMaker's default buggy behavior in its handling of
indexterm elements."

Do you know of any examples where this type of fix has been implemented?

Thanks,
Dave Lewis
Technical Writer
FDM Software Ltd
dlewis@fdmsoft.com
www.fdmsoft.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Whitlatch [mailto:swhitlat@getnet.net]
Sent: January 4, 2005 23:33
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] DocBook XML example projects posted. One
formatted with FrameMaker 7.0. One formatted with DocBook XSL.

It's been suggested to me that I repost a link to the online
README file I include with my downloadable structured
FrameMaker DocBook XML project.

http://www.getnet.net/~swhitlat/DocBook/Frame_Project_Readme
.html

http://www.getnet.net/~swhitlat/DocBook/docbook_section.html

Apparently, google serves up the text of an old version I
posted here about a year ago (now in the docbook-apps
archives). I was too hard on FrameMaker. I've done a bit
more work with structured FrameMaker and DocBook XML and
revised the earlier text, some, not a lot.

Structured FrameMaker's performance with DocBook XML is not
bad, as I originally described, at least not when I run it
under Windows 2000 Pro; however, it is still very bad when I
run it under Windows 2000 Server (same machine, multiple
operating systems).

Steve Whitlatch