Re: [docbook-apps] Re: sorting bibliography by authors

Bob Stayton wrote:
Hi,
The problem was that your document uses bibliodiv's, and the posted
customization was sorting biblioentry elements that were directly inside a
bibliography element.  So you just need to copy the bibliodiv template from
fo/biblio.xsl to your customization layer and change the xsl:apply-templates
to:

   <xsl:apply-templates>
      <xsl:sort select=".//surname"/>
    </xsl:apply-templates>

Thanks I got it sorted by authors surname, however there are similar authors with different dates, can I sort it by date too after surname? By the way what is that ".//surname" means? I tried to put another line after that to sort by date like

    <xsl:apply-templates>
       <xsl:sort select=".//surname"/>
       <xsl:sort select=".//pubdate"/>
     </xsl:apply-templates>

but sorting by date didn't work. Sorry If I am asking really stupid
question. :-)

Yoshihiro Toda wrote:
Hi, Deepak. Try these templates.

Sorry Yoshihiro, I forgot to mention that I used biblioentry inside bibliodiv. Thanks for your help too.

Deepak K. Shrestha