Re: [docbook-apps] Do docbook Stylesheet access the Internet

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 04:35:03PM +0000, Paul Taylor wrote:
> I've been creating documents with docbook, but today it is only working
> sporadically giving java.net.ConnectionExceptions, do the stylesheets
> access DocBook when run. If so can they be modified to work locally.

The DocBook XSL Stylesheets do refer to global URLs.  As you've noticed,
it's often a good thing to not have to rely on these URLs (i.e. to be
decoupled from the network).  This can be done neatly using XML Catalog
technology.  Conveniently, Bob Stayton's venerable book "DocBook XSL:
The Complete Guide"[0] has a chapter[1] entirely devoted to this common
problem and its solution.  Let us know here if you need additional help
setting it up.

Take care,

    John L. Clark

[0] http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html