Re: [docbook-apps] RE: HTML -> DocBook Conversion?

At 06:45 07/10/2004, Michael Smith wrote:

> For a single document, I would probably do the work
> manually. However, there could be a solution going to MIF
> and then sending the MIF file through some type of
> tag-mapping process via Perl or another text manipulation
> tool. To learn how to do that would probably take some
> people (me) much, much longer than the manual process.
>
> So, for a single document, it's just work. For hundreds or
> thousands of documents, a MIF expert who knows the text
> conversion tools would be the solution.

One thing about working with MIF is, there is no free open-source
MIF parser for Frame 5 (or 6 or 7). There was one once that could
handle Frame 4 files, I think. So if you were really to build your
own system for working with MIF in Perl or whatever, you'd first
need to create a MIF parser.

Now that does ring a bell. MIF -> XML? Chris Madden?

IIRC he did some work on MIF.
  It was maybe from the SGML DSSSL days.

It may be worth googling. I'll have a look

I may be wrong.
Anyone else remember?

Regards DaveP