Re: [docbook-apps] section title sizes

Hi Pierre,
Sorry for the delay.  At first I wasn't quite sure how to respond to your
message, which was quite clear.

I agree that having multiple mechanisms to set properties is not a good
design, but I don't think it was intentional, I think it evolved over time.
Some people prefer using the titlepage spec file and others prefer using
specific attribute-sets. And there are still some properties that are set
directly in the templates themselves. I think some future stylesheet
revision (perhaps version 2.* ?) will refactor those methods into something
more coherent.

There is a workaround for your problem, at least for inheritable properties
like font settings.  You can set the values to "inherit" in the
attribute-set customizations.  Your "inherit" value will then override the
specific default value in param.xsl, but it will permit the value in the
spec file to be expressed in your output.  For example:

<xsl:attribute-set name="section.title.level1.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="font-size">inherit</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

The spec file values are on a block that contains the block with the
attribute-set values, so the spec file values will be inherited.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net